Today has been a nerve wracking but exciting day for What’s Good to do. The public voting for #pitchtorich #voom re opened at 10am and we now have until 5pm on Wednesday 20th May to get enough votes to make it through to the shortlist. We started the day at 576 votes have 609 so far. Can we do enough to get through to the shortlist and in front of the amazing Richard Branson’s team? I hope so.
Now for the nerve wracking part. This afternoon at around 2.17pm I was on BBC Three Counties Radio’s Afternoon show. I had a lovely chat with the lovely Nick Coffer. If you missed me on the radio, listen via this link, 2 hours and 17 minutes into the show. I was very nervous about appearing on the radio, but the one thing I know is that if you want something badly enough, you must step out of your comfort zone and just go for it. I am very proud of myself for taking that step and securing some fantastic local coverage of our fantastic website and our #pitchtorich #voom journey.
So why does What’s Good to Do deserve to get through to the shortlist of this competition? We have worked with grit and determination to make WGTD what it is today… something really impressive. It has so much more potential though and I believe that reaching it requires a substantial advertising budget, something which we have never had. David and I co-founded the website. Our skills compliment each other and a lot of laughs are had along the way. David has phenomenal techie and creative skills, whereas mine lie more in foreign languages and communications. We have learnt that as a company you have to adapt to stay in the game. This is why we shifted our main focus from ecommerce over to What’s Good to do.
What do I personally want from the business?
- To continue to make a difference in peoples’ lives. This is certainly true already as reviewers’ families are getting lovely opportunities that they might not otherwise have had or been able to afford.
- To teach my children to have a strong work ethic.
- A secure financial future for my parents and children.
- To grow my confidence and self esteem which has suffered a lot because of suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
- For non profit organisations and charities to continue to use our website as a free advertising platform and raise awareness of the important work they do.
- To inspire others who have faced personal challenges.
- To launch our Membership card scheme so that businesses of all sizes can raise their exposure for free and households can save money on days out, meals out etc…
- To find franchisees to run What’s Good to do magazines all around the UK. We charge less than £1000 for the franchise and it’s ideal for those wanting to work flexibly around their family commitments.
- To continue to show what a group of people who believe in something can do if they all work together.
Please support us by voting for our entry here www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/pitch-to-rich/grow/toys-and-clothes-ltd/