Weeks 1 and 2
Reviewed by Debbie Talbot
Since my pregnancy with my twins, now 3, I have had some knee and leg pain issues. This has contributed to my existing weight issues and a while back I hit a weight that horrified me. I have 6 stone + to lose. Weight is such a personal thing and I am not happy or confident at all at the moment. I had managed to loose around 7 pounds on my own but had come to a standstill.
The team at Slimming World has been kind enough to give me a 42 day online plan on a complimentary basis. I excitedly signed up 2 weeks ago. I found the process to be quick and simple. I have set my target weight at 10.5 stone and it is going to be a long road to get there.
Features which I have found particularly useful include the quick start plan. I have used so many of the amazing recipes and cooked a lot of meals from scratch. It’s been a hectic couple of weeks with going through an intensive potty training process with my twins, them starting nurseryand my daughter going back to school, so I have not managed to make full use of the vast range of tools Slimming World Online has on offer, but I am so pleased with my start. I have lost 3lbs over the last 14 days. I am delighted with this, because I have to admit my motivation has been somewhat lacking at times and I have gone over my syns on occasions by having non-diet drinks. The 3lb loss has really spurred me on. I attended a friend’s wedding reception at the weekend and actually felt really good about myself. This is amazing for someone like me who is so good at beating themselves up about things.
One tool I absolutely love is that you can record what you eat online and even plan what you are going to eat in advance. I have not used it yet, but I like the idea of doing this as I find that it helps me cut down on buying excess shopping items. Whilst I have not yet started working on any of the Fit Log awards, I hope to in the coming month as they seem achievable. I have not recorded all my meals in this update, but will be in future updates.
I am enjoying the plan and hope to take advantage of the other amazing tools it offers.
What you get with online-only membership
• 1,600 delicious recipes – all searchable by ingredient, meal-type and preparation time
• Create your own daily menus in a moment!
• Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian – whatever your dietary need or preference, our Healthy Eating plan will fit perfectly!
• You set your own weight loss target – we’ll help you get there!
• Keep track with easy-to-use online directories and food diary
• Get fit for life – at your own pace – with our activity programme, challenges, tracker and awards
• Enter your weight once a week in the privacy of your own home then celebrate your success with awards galore!
• Overcome difficult weeks with unique motivation and behavioural support based on your personal progress
• To help you through tricky times there’s live chat support for new members
• 24/7, world-wide access to hundreds of features – for hints, tips and support when you need them most!
Slimming World Online costs from £20 per month.
For more information visit www.slimmingworld.com.